Is Manure a Benefit or a Burden To You?August 31, 2013
The main benefit of manure is that it contains nutrients, such as nitrogen, potassium, sulfur and phosphorus. Do you realize that most of the nutrients the animal eats will end up in its manure? The type of manure whether poultry, horse, or beef, and how it is handled, with or without bedding, dictates the amount of nutrients.
Much of the inorganic nutrients in manure are the same as what you find in commercial fertilizer, and it dissolves into the plants immediately. The organic nutrients are slow releasing and as they deteriorate the plant will absorb them. It is the organic material that is very beneficial to the soil as it is less likely to erode and assists with the absorption of the rain.
Maybe it seems like a burden because you cannot use all the manure that you produce? Have you given any thought to giving away or even better yet, selling your extra manure? Maybe the burden is that you don’t have the best manure spreader for your needs?
That is where Redwood Metal Works / Artex can help!
Maximize your manure:
- We offer pull-type manure spreaders – to use with your tractor
- We offer combination box spreaders – to use with manure or silage
- Comes with a scale – so that you use just the correct amount, no waste & no burn
- You don’t need more than one spreader – ours works on multiple types of manure
- Vertical Beaters – makes easy work of even large frozen chunks of manure
- Built tough – it will last for years to come
We manufacture these spreaders right here in Redwood Falls, Minnesota and have dealers all over the United States and Canada. To find a dealer near you click here.
Contact us to ease your burden!